Each year I look forward to Christmastime, and each year it comes and goes faster than I can blink. This year we moved fast in getting the decorations up. We were up and running the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I figured we needed to make up for last year--we didn't even get our tree decorated until December 23rd. Eek! This year we put lights up on the house, baked for our neighbors, and truly enjoyed the season. I had the presents purchased and wrapped by the first week of December. I swear I'm not trying to brag, I'm just proud of myself for being on top of things this year. It's such a busy time. You can also bet we listened to Christmas music since the day after Thanksgiving. Jordan even convinced me to bundle up tight and walk through a local neighborhood looking at lights. Of course we took Gus! For Thanksgiving, we were home with my entire family. So for Christmas, we went to Ridgecrest, CA and spent almost a week with Jordan's family. It was fun to watch all the nieces and nephews open their gifts from Santa. The house was filled with wrapping paper and toys in a matter of minutes. We sure enjoyed visiting with everyone, and feel blessed to have enough time off from work to do so. We love Christmas around here! Can't wait until next year!
Gus nestled under the tree. =)
A fun centerpiece I created, using a gift from a student.
It started like this. Gus wanted to help.
Caramel brownies, gingersnaps, and chocolate chip cookies...yum!
And ended like this!
1 comment:
The carmel brownies sound delicious!!
Post a Comment